Our Services


Outside, molds help to break down plant and animal matter. As part of the fungi family, they release tiny spores that float through the air. These spores can enter your home via:

  • doors

  • windows

  • heating and air conditioning vents

  • clothing and shoes

  • pets

Mold is a major- worldwide problem. It blackens and stains the grout lines in your shower, discolors drywall, shows up as black spots on siding, darkens decks, and grows on/ rots damp wood everywhere. Even worse, it can be bad for your health. Mold releases microscopic spores that cause allergic reactions, runny noses and sneezing, as well as irritating and even injurious odors

In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheeze in otherwise healthy people.

People with allergies may be more sensitive to molds. People with immune suppression or underlying lung disease are more susceptible to fungal infections. Individuals with chronic respiratory disease (e.g., chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, asthma) may experience difficulty breathing. Individuals with immune suppression are at increased risk for infection from molds. If you or your family members have these conditions, a qualified medical clinician should be consulted for diagnosis and treatment.

The same area can be infested with multiple molds, and we can’t always differentiate the mold without testing it. Luckily, knowing the type of the mold isn’t required to get rid of it. 




  • This mold’s colour varies from brown to green, to black. It grows in both warm and cool locations and is most often found on wood, carpets, or fabrics, also in heating and cooling ducts.


  • This fuzzy blue, green, or yellow mold is often found under carpets or in basements, and in insulation, especially when there’s been some water damage.


  • This mold is green, white, or gray with dark spots and has a powdery look. This type of mold doesn’t need much ventilation to grow. It thrives in fabrics, walls, attics, and basements, as well as on dry food items.

Mold grows quickly. So if you see signs of mold. Act Quick, stay calm and call ABC Environmental.


Long sought after for its excellent heat resistance, versatility, strength, and affordability,  asbestos started becoming increasingly popular during the 19th century, but it soon became apparent that it was causing of a multitude of health problems.

Asbestos exposure can lead to mesothelioma and other asbestos-related cancers. Asbestos use was finally banned in the United States in 1978. However, builders and manufacturers were still allowed to use the rest of their supply, meaning homes built as late as 1986 may still contain asbestos.

In the United States, reports show that up to 30 million homes and commercial buildings consist of some form of asbestos-containing material. Only a licensed professional can test for asbestos and assess whether or not removal is safe and necessary. There are strict federal and state guidelines that need to be followed for the handling, removal and disposal of asbestos. ​

Asbestos can be found in many areas of buildings and homes such as:

  • Paint

  • Flooring

  • Roofing, shingles

  • Tiles

  • Pipes

  • Furnaces

  • Gaskets

  • Wall insulation

Exposure to asbestos can increase the risk of developing

  • Lung cancer.

  • Asbestosis, which causes permanent lung damage.

  • Mesothelioma, a rare cancer of the chest and stomach lining.

  • Cancer of the gastrointestinal tract, kidney and throat (larynx or oropharynx).

  • Scarring of the lung lining.

Pleural effusions, when fluid collects around the lungs.


There are strict state and federal guidelines that must be adhered to for safe asbestos removal. The federal government offers training courses for licensed professionals to perform the following steps:

  • The area is sealed off typically with plastic sheeting to keep fibers from getting into other areas. Taped seals are double checked to make sure that fibers cannot escape.

  • HEPA air filters are placed in the work area and clean air exhaust ducts are installed outside of the area. The HEPA filters clean the air within the work area, while the exhaust ducts clean the air just outside while trapping any stray fibers that may have escaped.

  • Workers are instructed to wear a protective suit and respirators while removing asbestos material.

  • The work area is tightly secured. When asbestos removal begins unauthorized individuals may not enter the work space.

  • In-progress inspections are performed to ensure that all asbestos materials were completely removed. Asbestos materials are place in double plastic bags 6 mil thick.

  • After removal is complete, the work area is cleaned with HEPA vacuums and wiped down.


It does not matter if a person breathes-in, swallows, or absorbs lead particles, the health effects are the same; however, the body absorbs higher levels of lead when it is breathed in.

Health effects from short-term overexposure to lead

Lead poisoning can happen if a person is exposed to very high levels of lead over a short period of time. When this happens, a person may feel:

  • Abdominal pain

  • Constipated

  • Tired

  • Headachy

  • Irritable

  • Loss of appetite

  • Memory loss

  • Pain or tingling in the hands and/or feet

  • Weak

Lead can cross the placental barrier, which means pregnant women who are exposed to lead also expose their unborn children. Lead can damage a developing baby’s nervous system. Even low-level lead exposures in developing babies have been found to affect behaviour and intelligence. Lead exposure can cause miscarriage, stillbirths, and infertility (in both men and women).



Lead in paint:

  • Lead-based paints for homes, children’s toys and household furniture have been banned in the United States since 1978. But lead-based paint is still on walls and woodwork in many older homes and apartments. Most lead poisoning in children results from eating chips of deteriorating lead-based paint.

Water pipes and imported canned goods:

  • Lead pipes, brass plumbing fixtures and copper pipes soldered with lead can release lead particles into tap water. Lead solder in food cans, banned in the United States, is still used in some countries.


  • Lead particles from leaded gasoline or paint settle on soil and can last years. Lead-contaminated soil is still a major problem around highways and in some urban settings. Some soil close to walls of older houses contains lead.
  • Household dust : Household dust can contain lead from lead paint chips or from contaminated soil brought in from outside

  • Pottery : Glazes found on some ceramics china and porcelain can contain lead that can leach into food served or stored in the pottery.

  • Toys : Lead is sometimes found in toys and other products produced abroad.