HPD Violations Removal
A Department of Housing Preservation and Development Violation, better known as an HPD violation, is issued when building codes are not complied with. These types of violations are not heard through the Environmental Control Board (ECB) and have unique requirements for being resolved.
Mold Violation Removal
Local Law 61 of 2018 established minimum standards for carrying out mold assessment, mold abatement and mold remediation for buildings that contain 10 or more dwelling units or are located on a zoning lot that contains 25,000 or more square feet of non-residential floor area.
Lead(Pb) Violation Removal
Local Law 31 of 2020, which went into effect on August 9, 2020 requires landlords to have X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF) lead inspections conducted by EPA-certified inspectors to test for the presence of
How can ABC Environmental help remove HPD Violations?
How we are a one-roof solution for Mold and Lead related environmental and legal issues? As above stated Laws if your building falls under the category of any violations related to Mold and Lead then your property is listed on the website of HPD NYC because of which you may face many legal repercussions like penalties and put your building under the AEP Program where the possession of your building is taken over by govt. for having too many violations in the building.
ABC Environmental doesn’t only help in Mold and Lead Testing and Remediation but also helps Building owners or managers file Dismissal Request and carry out all the paperwork on behalf of building owners until your building address is taken down from the list of the website of HPD Violations and you are free to form legal formalities.
Relief from AEP Program
ABC Environmental also helps the building owners to have possession of their buildings back from the government by getting their buildings free from AEP Program.
WHAT ARE THE 3 CLASSES OF HPD MOLD VIOLATIONS??
In order to receive your certificate of occupancy, you will have to submit all violations to the New York City Department of Housing Preservation and Development. These HPD MOLD violations are classified into three categories:
Class A Mold Violations
- Class A Mold Violation is Issued for the presence of Mold that’s less than 10 sq. ft. in a room within a dwelling unit.
- Also when Mildew is spread in less than 30 sq. ft. in any one level, hallway, or common area (or 50 sq. ft. in the aggregate).
- This Class of Violations HPD must be corrected and certified within 90 days.
Class B Mold Violations
- Class B Mold Violation is issued for the presence of mold that’s between 10 to 29 sq. ft. in a room within a dwelling unit.
- Also, when Mold is spread over more than 30 sq. ft. in any one level, hallway, or common area (or 50 sq. ft. in the aggregate).
- Class B HPD Mold Violations must be corrected and certified within 30 days.
Class C Mold Violations
- Class C Mold Violation is Issued for the presence of mold that’s more than 30 sq. ft. in a room within a dwelling unit.
- Class C HPD Violations must be corrected and certified within 21 days.